We highly value our customer’s privacy and care about protecting the personal information of our customers and visitors who use our websites, products, or services (collectively, our “Users”)
You can learn more about our organization at https://www.hozguard.com.
For the sake of this policy, the covered entities to which it is applied are:
Our website – https://www.hozguard.com
Information We Collect From You
Like most website operators, Hozguard collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available such as:
• Browser Type
• Language Preference
• Referring Site
• Date & Time of each visitor request
• Pages Your View
Our purpose to collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Hozguard’s visitors use its website. Hozguard also collects potentially personal-identifying information like:
• Email address
• Personal website URL
• Internet Protocol (IP) address for logged in users
• Internet Protocol (IP) address for users placing an order
• Internet Protocol (IP) address for users leaving comments on our blog
• Hozguard only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Signing Up For Services; User Information
To provide web hosting services and/or domain registration/management we obtain the following information about you as described below:
• Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email when you provide it to us;
• Information that you provide during any registration process (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address, or geographic location and industry), when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services.
• Payment information that you provide to us (by way of our Service or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services.
• We will not save credit card information and we will use payment gateways like paypal and stripe.
When you purchase Domain Registration services for top level domains (TLDs), as the domain registrar, we are required to collect the following personal information from you (collectively, “Personal Information”):
• Registrant Name
• Registrant Organization (where applicable)
• Registrant Address
• Registrant Email
• Registrant Fax (where applicable)
• Registrant Phone number
• Administrative Contact
• Administrative Contact Organization (where applicable)
• Administrative Contact Address
• Administrative Contact Email
• Administrative Contact Fax (where applicable)
• Administrative Contact Telephone Number
• Technical Contact
• Technical Contact Organization (where applicable)
• Technical Contact Address
• Technical Contact Email
• Technical Contact Fax (where applicable)
• Technical Contact Telephone Number
• Billing Contact
• Billing Contact Organization (where applicable)
• Billing Contact Address
• Billing Contact Email
• Billing Contact Fax (where applicable)
• Billing Contact Telephone Number
Our collection of Personal Information is necessary to comply with contractual obligations we have with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and with certain TLD registries (“Registries”) so that you can validly register your domain name. In addition to Personal Information, our contracts with some Registries may require us to collect other personal information for the registration of a TLD such as certain professional affiliations, identification or other qualifiers (“Additional Personal Information”).
Disclosure Of Information
• Public Whois. Our contracts with ICANN and other Registries require us to make certain domain name information (“WHOIS Information”) available and accessible to the public through a searchable port 43 “WHOIS” Service via a public webpage operated by the applicable registrar of record (“WHOIS Site”). The WHOIS Site is a publicly accessible database that lists WHOIS Information, including a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name’s creation and expiration date. Except for EU/EEA natural persons (as described below), your Personal Information could be displayed on the WHOIS Site.
• EU/EEA natural persons. Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, if you are
• Transfer Out. If you initiate a transfer out of a domain name away from us as the registrar of record, pursuant to our contract with ICANN, we may need to publish your registrant email address obtained from your Personal Information on the WHOIS Site for a period of approximately five (5) calendar days. After this period and assuming a valid transfer has occurred, you would cease to be our customer for that domain name and your WHOIS Information would be managed by the gaining registrar.
• Certain Registries. Registries are
• Data Escrow. Our contract with ICANN requires us to deposit the Personal Information collected with a secure third-party escrow provider who acts solely as a holder of the data.
• Permitted Disclosures. We may also disclose your Personal Information when required by the rules, regulations and policies of ICANN, including but not limited to the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP).
We store this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files,
How We Use Your Information
We have a legitimate interest in running a successful and efficient business and in providing you with Services and useful content, and we use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
• To provide the requested Services to you;
• To provide you with useful content;
• To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
• To offer and improve our Services;
• To provide you with requested information or technical support
• To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
• To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (our use of your information to do this is performed with your consent where required by applicable law);
• To advertise and market third party products and services (such advertisement is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law)
• To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
• In connection with our security and compliance programs;
• To administer our websites;
• To communicate with you;
• To target prospective customers with our products or services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law);
• To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services.
We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.
How We Shared Information
• Third Party Providers –
• Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
• Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
• Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
• Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations.
• Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of
• Consent –
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from Hozguard at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at email@example.com. As outlined in the Section, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your Hozguard account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Hozguard will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
Last update : 01 / August / 2018